When we talk about "personal data", we mean any information which relates to an identified or identifiable living individual. Individuals might be identified by reference to a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier (such as an IP address) or to other factors that are specific to them.
2. About us
Registered Company Name: CloserStill Media Limited
Trading As: CloserStill Media
Company number: 5816917
ICO Registration: Z1479947
Registered Address: CloserStill Media Limited, Exhibition House, Addison Bridge Place, London W14 8XP
CloserStill is the controller responsible for your personal data.
3. How to contact us
4. How we collect and receive personal data
We collect and receive personal data using different methods:
4.1 Personal data you provide to us:
You may give us your personal data directly. This will be the case when:
- you submit personal data through our Website;
- you contact us;
- personal data is collected from you onsite during our events; and
- our staff are in direct communication with you or a relevant organisation.
4.2 Personal data we collect using cookies and other similar technologies:
When you access and use our Website, we will collect certain technical information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. This will include:
- personal data gathered from services which use an IP address to determine which organisation visitors to our Website originate from;
- information from actions made by an individual in response to direct marketing campaigns (including when an individual opens any emails or follows any links originating from our email communications);
- information related to usage and navigation of our Website; and
- data used to provide personalised marketing / user experiences while visiting our Website.
4.3 Personal data from third party sources:
We may obtain personal data about you from third party sources including from:
- partners who we engage with in joint marketing efforts;
- public data sources used to supplement or validate our existing datasets;
- data services / suppliers used to obtain or supplement our existing datasets; and
- data which has been acquired as part of an acquisition or merger.
5. Who we collect personal data about
We collect and process personal data of individuals who:
- contact us;
- use any of our services (for example, attend an event);
- use, interact, access and browse our Website; or
- submit a complaint through our Website.
6. Personal data we collect
We may collect and use different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data
- includes first name, surname, date of birth, student number, photo identification,
- Visual Data
- includes photographs and film footage from our events;
- Contact Data
- includes address, email address and telephone number;
- Transaction Data
- includes details about payments to and from you;
- Marketing Data
- includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, your communication preferences and your response to our marketing activities;
- Professional Data
- includes details about the organisation that you work for, your professional experience and demographics relating to your professional activity / interests;
- Website Data
- includes information about how you use our Website;
- Special Category Data
- we may also collect certain special category data. Special Category Data is data which is deemed more sensitive under data protection laws and needs more protection. Although we generally seek to avoid collecting Special Category Data, there are some circumstances in which you may provide it to us (such as when you submit dietary or accessibility requirements). The provision of this information is entirely voluntary and subject to your express consent.
7. How we use your personal data and lawful basis
We have set out below in a table format a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. Please see below for further details about our use of legitimate interests as a lawful basis.